Sunday 10 January 2016

SWAP YOUR SUITE FOR SOME ANKARA JACKET

 

Most working class women of nowadays sees buying of suits as a must. Whether it’s for your first job interview, or a job that comes with an “M” package, wearing a suit is always the fulfillment of some future expectation, how you feel in it doesn’t seem to matter, as long as it’s makes you look professional but feel invisible.
So, imagine my surprise when some Pin-suit (I meant pintrest post) made me pause during my daily pintrest trawl. Long before then, suits always represented a career and a life that never really spoke to me, but at that scrolling moment, the suit was speaking — “I’d look great on you!”

A suit has always been the required dress in most office I’ve worked in, if you come from an Accounting background and I’ve always chosen never to wear one. Not that I will never wear one, or you will see me wearing any.
And contrary to popular belief , wearing a suit will always make you feel professional and put-together, but never, ever invisible.




As for me and my Ankara Jacket, I’m already plotting out the various ways I’ll wear it again to the office. Plus, I’m planning on wearing it to the Africa Magic Viewer Choice Award with heels. An added benefit of an Ankara jacket is that all you need to swap is the shirt and shoes to create an entirely different look.
How’s that for too proffessional?
Photo Credit: The African Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment